Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Pippi Longstocking Sequel

So thanks to the new stats on blogger, I discovered that for a long while this old Pippi Longstocking drawing was my top post. I suspected it was a result of Halloween costume google image searching, and since now in November, Pippi is abandoned, I guess that was true. But it all made me think of how much I love Pippi and drawing Pippi twice has to be better than drawing Pippi once.

Anyway, so here is Pippi again. I suppose this is for all of you Pippi's-to-be in 2011.

18 comments:

Juan Bauty said...

Very nice!! Pippi scares me when i was a child (maaaaaaany years ago... XDD), but this draw is fantastic.

dwilson said...

Sarah, even though I'm a guy I know that Pippi's is The Woman. I read the book to my kids and we watched the old movies.

She is one amazing little gal, with a psycho stylist. Thanks for sharing.

GhettoFab said...

a fantastic take on Pipi!

Youre my hero

Diana Evans said...

this is such a great piece...I used to love Pippi's cool braids!!!

luciano said...

nice, this very very nice pic =]. fantastic.

sarah said...

Thanks everyone! Was trying out some new coloring stuff on this one. :)

mike said...

haha! love her expression. :)

rigodiaz said...

very nice drawing, nice style

manu cassier said...

Excellent !!!

Marin Petrov said...

I remember subscribing to your blog after searching for "pipi drawing" in google :)

Giuseppe Bianco said...

What great modeling on this character. So much life.

Lesley Vamos said...

Brilliant!! You really captured her spunk!

salbiahzah said...

very beatiful drawing..awesome..how you do it?

Ruthie's Greetings (Handmade Cards) said...

I love this!

Craig Phillips said...

Nice one! She looks great.

Anonymous said...

That exact search was how I found your site! I loved that first pippi image so much, I added you to my bookmarks. I like this one a lot too. :)

Jose Ramos said...

Nice work Sarah , I like your style and colors , (it remind me to Barbucci) ,


greetings!

Meredith Jude Strandquist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.